A delicious cake that can make any day extra special. The rich cake is loaded up with chocolates and your taste buds will go on a chocolatey ride by tasting this yummy cake. Also, if you are wondering how to bake this cake, then let us tell you that this cake is super easy to bake and we have shared below the best and easiest recipe to bake a triple chocolate layer cake. So, without any further ado, let’s get started with the cake recipe.
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups and 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- ¾ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ¼ tsps vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- white chocolate grated, for decoration
- crushed oreo for decoration
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 tbsp butter salted, at room temperature
- 1 ½ tbsp heavy cream (or milk)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3 oz cream cheese softened, at room temperature
- ⅛ cup cocoa powder
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coffee
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp butter unsalted
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Oil two 8*2 round cake containers. Keep them aside.
- In a bowl, filter together all purpose flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, ground coffee, and salt. Keep it aside.
- Utilizing your hand blender beat together eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla for around 2 to 3 minutes till all combined well.
- Include the dry ingredients in 3 to 4 sections into the wet ones till all mixed properly however don’t overmix.
- Include a cup of hot bubbling water and blend well. The batter will be extremely thin.
- Empty batter into two 8 inch oiled round containers.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for around 30 to 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool for around ten minutes. Remove from the container and put on a wire rack to cool totally.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- To make the icing beat cream cheese and butter till it’s creamy and smooth, around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder and ½ cup of confectioners sugar. Blend it till joined.
- Continue adding ½ cup of confectioners sugar till every last bit of it is mixed, beating at high for 30 seconds after every addition.
- Include heavy cream or milk and beat till the icing is smooth and velvety. Keep it aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips, coffee, heavy cream, and butter together utilizing the double boiler method.
- Continue whisking the cream and chocolate chips till it’s totally liquefied and smooth.
To Assemble The Cake
- Put one of the cake layers on the turntable (with the base side up)
- Apply a layer of chocolate cream cheese icing on top.
- Put the other cake layer on the top of the icing in the same manner.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the top of the cake. Smooth it out with a spatula.
- Decorate some crushed oreos and put some white chocolate on top.
- Utilize the remaining chocolate cream cheese icing to make the borders around the cake.
So, that was the complete triple chocolate layer cake recipe shared by Bakingo that offers different types of cakes like jar cakes, cupcakes, designer cakes in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, or in any other city. Happy eating! Happy baking!