Tea is a beverage consumed by people around the globe. The genuine tea is obtained from the Camellia sinensis plant and has four varieties: green, black, white, and oolong. It also provides multiple health benefits to the people. Coffee is another popular beverage after tea. Both drinks give energy to you during the day or relax you.
People also brew tea and coffee to extract the flavor and compounds from the solids. Nowadays, people are using various gadgets like a tea press for brewing purposes. People are wondering if they can use their coffee french press for preparing tea or not. So keep reading to know about French press tea:
About Coffee And Tea Press
People have been using a french press for brewing their coffee for many years. It is a cylindrical pot with a plunger and filter screen that presses hot water through ground coffee. This coffee equipment provides an earthy and rich taste of coffee. The good thing is that you can use a french press for brewing your tea as well.
It will work similarly to a strainer or infuser for preparing fresh tea. You have to use loose leaf tea leaves in the french press instead of coffee beans. Nowadays, you can discover the french press in the market that is perfect for brewing both tea and coffee. So, use a french press to get the flavor and aroma in tea.
Best French Press For Tea
Before selecting a tea coffee press, you have to think about some things. Make sure to check the material of a french press. If you use a french press made from glass, you will get the best-brewed tea and coffee. You can use a medium-size french press for making tea. The small french press is not effective mostly.
Before purchasing a french press, make sure to check its screen. The screen should be good enough to filter out leaves and tea particles. You can discover the best french press from online coffee stores. You can purchase Yama coffee and tea press that is best for brewing your favorite drink.
Process Of Using French Press Tea
If you have a french press through which you brew coffee, you can also use it for tea. The french press works similarly for preparing tea. You have to follow a process properly to brew your tea and get the best flavor. Below, you can check the process to brew tea by using a french press:
- You have to pour the tea leaves into the french press. Use one teaspoon of leaves for one cup of water.
- Now, you have to pour hot water into the french press. You have to leave it for 1-3 minutes for steeping.
- After finishing time, you can push down on the plunger.
- Now, you can serve the brewed tea in a cup and enjoy the aromatic flavor.
Other Tips For Using Tea Coffee Press
Now, you know the process, so you should also be aware of some tips to brew your tea with a french press. Below, you can check some tips to use the french press for tea:
- Take care of the time to steep tea in a french press. If you leave tea for steeping in the press for a long time, you will not get a good taste.
- Make sure to properly wash your french press. If you make coffee in this equipment, so you have to remove the coffee oils for preparing tea.
- Make sure to take care of the water temperature for preparing tea with a french press.