For Indian students looking to go overseas for their medical degree, Ukraine and Russia are two of the top destinations for high-quality education at an affordable tuition. However, students are usually torn between these two countries as they debate back and forth on which is the best among the countries. While we are not singling out the “best” among these two countries, we have curated a list that gives details about each of these countries. This comparison, while it might not explicitly state which is better than which, will help students choose the country that best suits their needs.
Let’s look at these countries and learn more about them below.
MBBS in Ukraine
Ukraine is a country on the East side of Europe. It has for a long time retained its position as one of the top destinations for medical students from various parts of the world. Ukraine is the home of a lot of worldwide renowned medical colleges, universities, and others both government and non-governmental. The majority of the medical Institutions in Ukraine are recognized and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Not only are they MCI recognized, but they are also duly regarded by the World Health Organization, the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization, among others, as one of the standard medical institutions in the world. As a medical student from Ukraine based institutions, your MBBS degree is recognized in every part of the world. The Medical Institutions in the country offer a lot of quality courses like Dentistry, Pharmacy, Pediatrics, as well as General medicine, among others. The country does not require student aspirants to write an entrance examination, and their course duration is between 5 and 6 years.
Pros of MBBS in Ukraine
Looking at this country, it is easy to spot why it’s a student’s favorite. There are a lot of positive perks that apply to study in this country. We have examined some of them below:
- Recognized by Medical bodies: Medical bodies like UNESCO, and WHO recognize the country as a home to many top-quality medical institutions of the world. Also, the medical body in India, MCI recognizes the country and approves it. Therefore, students who have gone to the country for their MBBS can rest assured that their degree will be recognized in India.
- Mode of Communication: In Ukraine, the mode of communication and learning in their institutions is the English language. This means that language would not pose any threat to students, and students can learn at a good pace in their new environment.
- Affordable tuition: The cost of obtaining a degree of MBBS in Ukraine, in comparison to other European countries, is very low. The affordability of tuition in the country is another benefit that students enjoy by studying in the country.
Requirements for MBBS in Ukraine
- Students must be 17+ years to study in the country
- Students must obtain a 12th standard score that’s above or equal to 50% in their science stream.
- Students must possess an eligibility certificate issued by the MCI.
MBBS IN Russia
Russia, like Ukraine, is another top destination for MBBS students from India and other parts of the world. This country has always slugged it out with Ukraine for the best destination among students who want to study for their MBBS abroad. The country has a lot of positive perks, and students have always chosen it as their preferred country from quite a long while ago. The country boasts of highly affordable and cheap tuition while delivering top-notch medical education to students who choose the country year in year out. Every Medical University in the country is MCI recognized. They also are recognized by many other medical bodies including the World Health Organisation. Some of these universities also make use of the English language as their medium of teaching and learning making it quite easy for foreign students to easily fit in.
Pros of MBBS in Russia
Russia did not just become a top student destination for no reason. It does this by offering a lot of positive perks for studying in the country. Some of the benefits of studying MBBS in Russia is listed below.
- No entrance examination: Like Ukrainian counterparts, medical institutions in Russia do not require students to sit or appear for an entrance examination before being allowed to study in the country. Instead, the past record of the student is all that’s required.
- Fully Recognized: MBBS degree in the country is well recognized in India by the MCI. Asides the MCI, the degree obtained from universities in this country is recognized everywhere in the world. All the Universities belong to the government and are well recognized worldwide.
- Affordable Tuition: Like it is in Ukraine, so is the tuition fee in Russia. The cost of getting the quality education offered to students in Russia is quite very low regardless of whether the students are native or foreign.
Requirements for MBBS in Russia
- Students must be 17 years of age on or before Dec. 31st of the admission year.
- Students must have obtained 50% or more in their 12th standard.
- Students must have the eligibility certificate administered by the MCI to the foreign-bound students.